The Office of Naval Research (ONR) mission is to: foster an interest in, knowledge of, and study in science, technology, engineering and mathematics nationwide to ensure an educated and well-prepared workforce, which meets the naval and national competitive needs. In support of this mission, the following five goals have been identified:
- Inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. [Grades K-10]
- Engage students in STEM-related hands-on learning activities using Navy content. [Grades 3-12]
- Educate students to be well-prepared for employment in STEM disciplines in the Navy or in supporting academic institutions or the Naval contractor community. [Higher Education]
- Employ, retain and develop Naval STEM professionals. [Higher Education, Professional Development, Faculty]
- Collaborate across Naval STEM programs to maximize benefits to participants and the Navy.
The purpose of this announcement is to receive proposals in support of the Office of Naval Research’s mission of scientific outreach and education in working to develop the next generation of scientists capable of providing support to the continued development of critical technologies in support of the Department of Defense.
Amount: $200,000/year for 3 years
Date due: September 30, 2011
For more information, click here.